Do I need to apply for RSC approval?

If you want to work with radiation at Charles Sturt University, you will first need approval from the Radiation Safety Committee (RSC). This includes:

  • Using any of the following in teaching subjects or research:
    • irradiating apparatus (including in 'simulation' mode);
    • radioactive substances; or
    • high powered laser devices (Class 3B or 4) .
  • Acquiring or disposing of irradiating apparatus or high powered laser devices (Class 3B or 4).
  • Acquiring or disposing of radioactive substances.
  • Requesting clearance before maintenance work can occur in radiation facilities.
  • Making proposals or requests relating to radiation safety at the University.

See the application and approval process for detailed information on how to apply, which forms to use and what to expect.