The Supervisor Series is for new and existing HDR Supervisors. Five modules need to be completed to be listed as a Supervisor on the University Register of Supervisors.
The Charles Sturt University supervisor training series is for staff:
- newly commencing at the University, who have not completed equivalent supervisor accreditation at another institution
- at Early Career Research stage
- not on the supervision registry who are seeking to become HDR supervisors
- registered and seeking to be upgraded to Principal Supervisor status
- interested in updating or refreshing their supervision skills
The series of online modules is located on the professional development calendar and covers the following five topics:
- Introduction, overview and first session of enrolment
- Supervising remote, distance and part-time students
- Progress through candidature, professional development
- Managing problems and difficulties, providing feedback
- Developing and submitting the thesis; examination.
Please see the PD Calendar for other workshops for Supervisors.