Find a funding opportunity
Charles Sturt University researchers have access to a world of funding opportunities.
Researchers can search for upcoming grant opportunities tailored to individual research interests.
Charles Sturt University subscribes to Pivot-RP, a comprehensive online database of funding opportunities from Australia and around the world. It provides researchers with quick and easy access to the right research opportunities, funding and collaborations.
Simply login to Pivot-RP by selecting Charles Sturt University from the drop down menu “Use login from my institution”, using your Charles Sturt University login and password.
For assistance with Pivot-RP (including claiming profiles and setting up searches), please contact your Library Faculty Team or visit the Library’s funding opportunities website.
You can find further information on Pivot-RP here:
Research Professional (replaced by Pivot-RP in 2022)
Research Professional is being replaced by Pivot-RP and will be transitioned out by the end of 2022. During this transition period, researchers will still have access to their Research Professional profiles.
Log into Research Professional
GrantConnect is the Australian Government’s grants information system. GrantConnect is designed to be a central facility for publication of Australian Government Grant Opportunities (GO) and Forecast Opportunities (FO) which are grant opportunities advertised by other entities.
GrantConnect allows applicants to search and browse publicly available opportunities and provide a central resource for the download of associated documentation.
AusTender provides centralised publication of Australian Government business opportunities, annual procurement plans and contracts awarded.
Australian Tenders lists thousands of tenders from all over Australia including Federal, State and Local Government tenders plus many private tenders.
Other databases and sources of funding
- Grants.gov – a source for United States Federal grants.
- Grant Guru – an Australian grants database.
- Ian Potter Foundation – supports charitable organisations working to benefit the community across a wide range of sectors and endeavours.
- Wellcome Trust – a global charitable foundation supporting discovery research into life, health and wellbeing.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – a large non-profit focused on poverty, disease and inequity worldwide.
Need more assistance ...
Additional funding sources may be discovered through:
- A conversation with your current network of collaborators, partners or contacts in industry. If you clearly understand the problems they face and are able to identify a solution, pitching it correctly could open up new opportunities for funding. Researchers should contact their Associate Dean (Research) or their Research Centre Director for further tips on approaching industry partners.
- Analysing the sources of grant funding received by peers in your discipline at Charles Sturt University and other universities.
Regardless of the source of funding, the applicant must first check all guidelines and funding rules to ensure they are eligible to apply for funding in any particular scheme. Applicants who require assistance with eligibility enquiries should contact the Grant Development Team at email@example.com.