Associate Deans (Research)
Our Associate Deans are responsible for working with Research Groups, and School Committees to enhance research culture, quality of grant applications, and research outputs.
Responsibilities of Associate Deans (Research)
- Member of the University Research Committee and participating in developing university-wide research priorities and strategies .
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Faculty's strategic research plan in conjunction with all members of the Faculty Research Committee.
- Take an active role in the administration of research related issues within the Faculty including chairing Faculty Research Committee, being involved in the grant evaluation processes and preparing annual reports.
- Act as brokers, in conjunction with Centre Directors and Heads of School, to put together transdisciplinary and disciplinary teams to address selected problems
- Develop and maintain a database of research interests and strengths within the Faculty including those undertaking higher degrees.
- Meet individually with staff to develop appropriate strategies to assist them with obtaining research grants and publishing, particularly early career researchers.
- Communicate/advertise current research-related events across the Faculty.
- Liaise with the Research Office on a regular basis about research grant opportunities through the various databases.
- Work with all staff to encourage and facilitate them to register their research interests in the research funding database.
- Encourage, mentor and support staff to apply for research grants in collaboration with Senior staff in Research Centres and Heads of Schools.
- Provide feedback on unsuccessful research grants.