Indigenous scholarship (AGRTP)
AGRTP-Indigenous scholarships are awarded to Indigenous Australian postgraduate researchers with exceptional promise on the basis of academic merit and research potential. Further information regarding the Australian Government's Research Training Program is available on the Department of Education and Training website.
AGRTP-Indigenous scholarships are typically for full-time study towards higher degrees by research. These scholarships are highly competitive, and only applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria will be considered:
- Commencing a CSU HDR program in 2019, or currently enrolled
- Enrolling/enrolled as a full-time or part-time HDR Indigenous Australian student.
AGRTP-Indigenous scholarships will not be available to those who:
- Are enrolled concurrently in any other program, unless it is essential to the success of the HDR, or exceptional circumstances exist and are approved.
- Are receiving another Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship
CSU will rank scholarship applicants according to a specified criteria (see Scholarship Application Guide for further details).
Award value chevron_right
The scholarship provides the following benefits:
Tuition Fees: Fee exemption for a period equivalent to:
- Three years (six sessions) for PhD/Research Doctorate OR two years (four sessions) for Research Masters at full-time study; or
- Six years (12 sessions) for PhD/Research Doctorate OR four years (eight sessions) for Research Masters at part time study.
Stipend & Operating Funds: A potential combined package of up to $44,222 per annum is available for stipend and research costs (including a stipend of up to $35,000 per annum). The package is designed to be flexible to meet the specific circumstances of the recipient and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. If a part time candidacy is approved the stipend and operating funds are payable at a reduced rate.
Relocation Allowance: Scholarship recipients may be eligible to receive a relocation allowance for the cost of relocating themselves, their spouse and dependents to a CSU campus, to a maximum of AUD $5,000.
Scholarship duration chevron_right
AGRTP-Indigenous scholarships are normally tenable for:
- Three years for full-time Research Doctorate studies, and two years for full-time Research Masters studies subject to satisfactory progress; or
- Six years of part-time study for Research Doctorate studies, and four years of part-time study for Research Masters studies subject to satisfactory progress.
An extension of up to six (6) months may be granted for Research Doctorate candidates, where the candidate is making satisfactory progress and the grounds for the extension relate to the study and are beyond the control of the candidate.
Scholarship candidates are entitled to 20 paid annual leave working days per year, 10 paid sick leave days per year and may be eligible for up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave for the duration of the scholarship.
Application closing date
Applicants should apply online via the following links. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
|Current Student||Prospective Student|
Expected turnaround time from online submission to determination of outcome for each application will be 3 weeks.