Sub-Deans (Graduate Studies)
Our Sub-Deans (Graduate Studies) represent our three faculties at CSU.
Responsibilities of Sub-Deans (Graduate Studies)
- Membership of CSU Higher Degree by Research Committee.
- Convening the Faculty Graduate Studies/Higher Degree Committee.
- Dealing with student grievances and complaints.
- Assisting the Research Office to provide quality assurance to the management of HDR candidates across the University.
- Convene thesis examination committees for examination of thesis
- Liaising with supervisors of HDR candidates.
- Reading research proposals from the Faculty and providing feedback to candidates and supervisors.
- Providing comments and critique on all candidates research proposals to ensure quality.
- Admission enquiries and assessing eligibility.
- Conduct Faculty based HDR training sessions.
- Advising the Executive Dean on Faculty examination matters.
- Appointment of supervisors in conjunction with Heads of Schools
- Improving completion rates by pro-actively working with candidates through research presentations seminars, and maintaining regular contact with all candidates.
- Advising candidates on policies, leave, scholarships and progress reporting.
- Ethics and project management issues and training.
- Becoming the principal supervisor of candidates when other supervisors are are no longer available to supervise
- Review of candidate progress reports.
- Monitor research methods and research proposal subjects.
- Involvement with Honours students and Honour programs as part of maintaining and encouraging entry to HDR programs.
- Assisting candidates and supervisors with budgets related to research support.