Research Impact Base Program
Expressions of Interest Close April 3
About the opportunity
This program is offered each year. This is a hands-on, experiential learning program delivered on-line. Participants in the Research Impact Base Program must be an individual researcher, eg., Graduate Research student, postdoc or early-mid career researcher (Level A-C).
The program is for researchers who demonstrate interest in creating positive impact learning new ways to communicate their research and engage with industry.
The Research Impact Base Program equips you with:
- Communication skills to articulate the value of your research,
- Tools and methods to identify and engage with potential industry, government and community partners, and
- Skills to uncover the problems that potential partners want to solve, and how your research might help.
What will I learn?
In the Research Impact Base Program you will use tools and frameworks including:
- Massive Impact: Draw on the science of motivation, systems thinking and impact planning to stretch your thinking about the positive difference your research or idea might make in the world.
- Gaddie Pitch: A simple framework to explain your research to anyone in a minute and start a conversation.
- Research to Impact Map: Draw on lean innovation tools and the stakeholder discovery process to identify critical assumptions about the value of your research to potential partners and end-users.
- Stakeholder discussions: Validate your assumptions about the value of your research by engaging with potential partners in industry, government, and the community.
- Intellectual property 101: Learn about the role and value of IP in creating impact, and basic tips on how to deal with IP and disclosure considerations in stakeholder discussions.
The total time commitment for the Research Impact Base Program, including the kick-off webinar, self-paced modules and activities, coaching, and a debrief webinar is approximately 15 hours. The program is recommended to be completed within four weeks after the kick-off webinar.
Apply for the Research Impact Base Program
To be eligible for the Research Impact Base Program you must be an individual researcher such as Master by Research student, PhD student, postdoc or academic staff (Level A-C).
To apply please complete the Expression of Interest.
To learn more about the Research Impact Base Program please email email@example.com.