The Academic Literacy Coordinator provides the following support for research candidates:
- Workshops for research writing, such as writing a literature review, overcoming procrastination and writing more clearly.
- Holding regular writing group meetings such as bootcamps, 'shut up & write' and peer writing circles.
- Individual consultations with higher degree research students or supervisors.
- Providing resources on the Research Writing Resources site in Interact2. These include examples of research proposals, recorded workshops and event announcements.
- Special sessions for specific groups in schools or faculties.
Research Writing Resources site
You can join the Research Writing Resources site to receive announcements about workshops and events. You will have access to resources, such as recorded workshops and examples of successful research proposals. Here are the steps to join:
- Login to Interact2
- Click on Organisations in the top menu
- Look under My Organisations to see if you're already a member of Research Writing Resources
- If not, search Research Writing Resources
- Then hover over the title code (O-RWR) and a drop down arrow button will appear
- Click on this arrow and select enrol
- After this, it will show up in 'My Organisations' whenever you click 'Organisations'