Research Impact Base Program
Invitation for Expressions of Interest
About the opportunity
The purpose of this call for Expressions of Interest is to identify potential candidates who would be interested in joining a 15 hour Base program delivered by Cruxes Innovation from September 2021.
This program is a hands-on, experiential learning program delivered on-line.
To be eligible to participate in the Research Impact Base Program you must be an individual researcher, eg., Higher Degree Research (HDR) student, postdoc or early-mid career researchers (Level A-C).
The program is for researchers who demonstrate interest in creating positive impact learning new ways to communicate their research and engage with industry.
The Research Impact Base Program equips you with:
- Communication skills to articulate the value of your research,
- Tools and methods to identify and engage with potential industry, government and community partners, and
- Skills to uncover the problems that potential partners want to solve, and how your research might help.
What will I learn?
In the Research Impact Base Program you will use tools and frameworks including:
- Massive Impact, drawing on the science of motivation, systems thinking and impact planning to stretch your thinking about the positive difference your research or idea might make in the world.
- Gaddie Pitch, a simple framework to explain your research to anyone in a minute and start a conversation.
- Research to Impact Map,drawing on innovation tools and the stakeholder discovery process to identify critical assumptions about the value of your research to customers/end-users.
- Stakeholder discussions, validating your assumptions about the value of your research by engaging with potential partners in industry, government, and the community, and understanding their problems.
- Intellectual property 101, briefly introducing you to the role and value of IP in creating impact, and basic tips on how to deal with IP and disclosure considerations in stakeholder discussions.
In the Research Impact Base Program, you’ll learn about the tools and framework, and get hands-on experience applying them to your research project and talking to real stakeholders.
- Sept 17: Participants receive a welcome pack, including log-in details
- Sept 30: 3-hour kick-off webinar, including program introduction, program goals, how to gain the most value from the program.
- To be completed by 28 Oct:
- Self-paced on-line modules and activities, including the tools and activities to apply to your project.
- Small-group coaching, including personalised feedback to unblock any barriers in applying the tools to your project.
- Debrief webinar
The total time commitment for the Research Impact Base Program, including the kick-off webinar, self-paced modules and activities, coaching, and a debrief webinar, is approximately 15 hours.
The program is recommended to be completed within four weeks after the kick-off webinar.
To learn more about the Research Impact Base Program or ask questions before you apply, please join us for a one-hour online information webinar Tuesday 13 July 11:00am. Join the webinar.
Apply for the Research Impact Base Program
In case of technical issue arising while submitting your application or for more information about the program, please email researchPD@csu.edu.au (specify in the subject field Research Impact Base Program).