Faculty forums and workshops
Faculties and Centres conduct workshops and forums for their HDR candidates and academics. Contact your relevant Faculty or Centre for more information about these.
CSU is an organisational member of Vitae. Vitae provides tools for development and career support for research staff and students.
The Vitae website has a wealth of resources and advice tailored to researchers, whether your ambition is to stay within or move outside academia.
You have full access to the Vitae website as part of our subscription.
- Professional development tools and the Researcher Development Framework (RDF)
- PDP ROC: Online course on professional development
- Researcher booklets
- Advice for completing a doctorate
- Career destinations and career stories of doctoral graduates
- Example CVs
- Managing a research career
- Equality and diversity in research careers
- And much more!
To get full access to these member-only resources, you need to register on the Vitae website using your CSU email address.
For further information about CSU’s organisational membership of Vitae, contact email@example.com.
ELMO online training portal
ELMO is CSU’s eLearning System. It providing staff with access to a library of online courses to help manage your professional and career development. See the 'Introduction to Research Data Management' program. This course is directly relevant to research. There are many others which will support your professional development and this portal is always evolving.
Access the ELMO online learning platform using your CSU log in and select from the Learning > Course Catalogue tab to self-enrol. Staff will be automatically enrolled in any compulsory courses.
Lynda.com online learning
CSU Staff have free access to a wide range of online training courses through Lynda.com. There are many courses covering a wide range of topics that may be useful for researchers.
- communication and writing (e.g. writing in plain English, grammar foundations, technical writing)
- analytics and tools (e.g. NVivo, qualitative research methods, Excel statistics, R statistics, Healthcare analytics)
- personal development (e.g. leading and working in teams, professional networking, mentoring others)
- business management (e.g. understanding intellectual property, finance for non-financial managers)