You can get help with your research methods through access to tools and specialised support units.
Sage Research Methods Online (SRMO)
You can use SRMO to help you choose and apply a variety of research methods. The system also includes:
- more than 1100 case studies
- datasets and instructional guides to practice with
- more than 125 hours of video tutorials, case studies and more
Spatial Data Analysis Network (SPAN)
SPAN is a unit that supports academic research by staff and post graduate students in the areas of:
- Survey and questionnaire design
- Geographic Information Systems
- Remote Sensing
- Spatial Statistics
- Simulation and Modelling
- Cloud and supercomputing
- Processing and interpreting large digital datasets
Quantitative Consulting Unit (QCU)
The QCU provides statistical assistance to Honours, Masters and PhD research students and staff.
Some of the services the QCU can provide are:
- General statistical consultancy
- Design of experiments, including sample size and power analysis
- Analysing data, including conventional statistical analysis and machine learning
- Workshops for people looking to enhance their statistical skills
Australian Consortium for Social and Political Research Incorporated (ACSPRI)
Charles Sturt is a member of ACSPRI which offers week long courses in a variety of research methods/statistics.