Annual Reporting - Research Outputs Collection (ROC)
The Research Outputs Collection (ROC) is the annual reporting of both traditional and non-traditional research outputs generated by Charles Sturt University staff and students. It is essential for planning purposes and informs the following key internal and external research-related considerations:
- Meeting the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 clause 4.1 "A system for accurate and up-to-date recording of the research outputs of staff and research students is maintained."
- External funding proposals: research environment
- Maintaining profile against the Definition of Research Active
- Faculty and School Reviews
- University Research Centre reviews
- Performance-based funding from DVC RDI including Compacts and Research Centre annual operating budgets
- The Employee Development and Review Scheme (EDRS)
- The inclusion of research outputs data for the purposes of academic promotion
All outputs need to be submitted by the final week of March each year to allow for timely processing and verification to meet government reporting deadlines.
During the course of verification, you may be contacted and asked to provide additional supporting materials. Without receipt of additional information outputs may be excluded from the collection and not reported.
Research output categories
The output categories included for the ROC are:
- Books - authored research
- Book Chapter
- Journal Articles - refereed article in a scholarly journal
- Conference Publications - full written paper refereed
- Creative works
- Research report