Data Storage framework
- University Foreign Interference Taskforce (UFIT)
- The Lab: Avoiding Research Misconduct - Developed by The Office of Research Integrity (ORI), this is an interactive movie where you can become the Adviser in a scenario and make decisions about how to proceed (choose your own adventure style).
- The Research Clinic - ORI and the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) present an interactive training video educating clinical and social researchers on the importance of appropriately protecting research participants and avoiding research misconduct.
- Case Study: Research Integrity - Case study video, developed by ORI to give you insight on research integrity issues.
- Case Summaries: Research Misconduct - A list of cases compiled by ORI, which administrative actions were imposed due to findings of research misconduct.
- Effective Complaint Handling Guidelines (3rd Edition) - Developed by the NSW Ombudsman, used to develop this manual. Provides greater detail in handling complaints.
- On Being a Scientist (2016) - Produced by Leiden University and Crochetta Films, a think piece about the difficult dilemmas you, as a researcher, may be confronted with as you progress through your career and how the decisions you make, can impact you later on in life.
- Integrity Factor - Integrity Factor is an interactive learning experience about what it means to keep up your integrity as a scientist. It makes the five principles Dutch Code of Conduct form Scientific Practice come alive: due care, reliability, verifiability, impartiality, and independence. This is a joint production initiated by the Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, UMCG, Institute for Medical Education.
Managing Conflicts of Interest
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (Chapter 5.4)
- ARC Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
- NHMRC disclosure and management of interests policies and guidance
The following publications may be of use to you to further your knowledge on research misconduct issues:
- Misconduct of Others: Prevention Techniques for Researchers, Association for Psychological Science
- Avoiding Plagiarism, Self-plagiarism, and Other Questionable Writing Practices: A Guide to Ethical Writing, St. Johns University
- Plagiarism and Punishment, British Medical Journal 2007
- Complainant Issues in Research Misconduct: The Office of Research Integrity Experience, Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Doing Global Science - A guide to responsible conduct in the global research enterprise
- Montreal Statement on research integrity in cross-boundary research collaborations
The Library’s guide to Research Data Management provides information on preparation, managing and publishing data. The guide includes resources such as templates and links to external expertise.
The NHMRC's Management of Data and Information in Research guide provides guidance on researcher expectations and requirements.
Quantitative Consulting Unit (QCU) - is a statistics support service that is part of the Research Office.
Spatial Data Analysis Network (SPAN) is a research support unit within the Research Office and primarily supports research undertaken by academic staff and higher degree (HDR) students.
UK Data Service - Organising data
Purdue University Data Management Plan (DMP)Self-Assessment Tool
Adapted from Best practice guidelines for researchers: Managing research data and primary materials by Griffith University (https://www.griffith.edu.au/library/research-publishing/best-practice-guidelines-for-researchers) which is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.