Request for Grant Writing Support
The Office of Research Services and Graduate Studies provides grant writing support to assist in the development of high-quality external research funding applications.
What can you apply for?
You can request the following:
- Comprehensive grant writing support at the 1st or 2nd draft stage of your application:
- Comments, edits and feedback on your written grant application to help you meet the required criteria and write to the correct audience;
- Suggestions for improving the structure of your writing – linking sections of a grant application to form a single, focused proposal; and
- Editing with attention to grammar, punctuation and formatting.
- Editing and proofreading at the final stage of your application.
When to apply?
For comprehensive grant writing support, please apply no later than 4 weeks prior to the funding body closing date. Requests within this timeframe may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For editing and proofreading of your final application, please allow a minimum of 3 working days.
Regardless of the timelines above, we encourage you to request support as early as possible as all writing support is subject to availability of staff resourcing.
Who can apply?
Applications can be made by research teams and/or individual researchers.
Please complete the below section and include a copy of your draft grant application and grant guidelines. The Grants Development Officer, Lisa Limbrick, will contact you shortly to discuss
Please note that completing this form is not a guarantee that grant writing support will be available.